by Sandra Block  From Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, January 2014

You will need legal authority to take charge of Mom or Dad’s affairs.


1. Durable power of attorney

2. Heath Care Proxy

3. Medical Information Release

4. Living Will

Find out what these documents are and where to get them here.